Subject: Re: more questions for Lionet!!!
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 93 14:54:04 BST

> Will you include support for two-button joysticks???

I would have thought the 2nd button uses exactly the same line as the
right mouse button, so why cant you use the existing function ? Granted this
is no good for a 2 button joystick in the second port (although its real
easy to PEEK the relevent bits in the CIA chip anyway...)

> Will you include (PLEEEEEEEASE!!!!) a "decent" game at least

I'm sure if you wrote one they'd be only too pleased to consider it ;-)
I wasnt all that impressed myself by amosteroids (or whatever its called) I
have to admit. Cant someone run up a game like that "Skidmarks" demo thats
around aminet sites at the moment, thats sure to sell quite a few copies of
Blitz basic

> If PC-AMOS sales take off, will the Amiga be still supported?

I cant help thinking that Europress shot themselves in the foot a bit when
they allowed one of the UK mags to put both Amos and the old Compiler on
cover disks. Surely they cant be selling many copies after that little trick
can they ? Maybe thats why they want to move on the PC market.

> Will there be a conversion utility to "try its best" at converting PC-AMOS
  to Amiga-AMOS and/or Viceversa ?

Hmm...all I can say on that one is dont hold your breath waiting for it.. :-(
Seriously, I cant see how its any easier for a PC to emulate a program running
under AMOS than it is for a PC to directly emulate an Amiga. If that really
was possible (or at least fast enough to be worthwhile) *someone* would have
cracked it by now.

However, I dont see any reason why stuff written on the PC-Amos shouldnt be
easy (ish) to port back to the Amiga. Hey, it would probably run smoother
too...  (NO, I'M *ONLY* KIDDING, HONEST ! :-)

Martin.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Martin Strange.                             Email: [email-masked]       |
| Rutherford Labs, Oxfordshire            Unix talk: [email-masked] |
| England                                                                   |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+